6D Solid Helmet ATR-2
The 6D ATR-2 is the most advanced energy management device ever manufactured for off-road motorcycle competition or recreational riding. Infused with the exceptional DNA of the original ODS technology, but evolved to a whole new level with high-tech materials and design influenced by 6D’s work inside the NFL’s Head Health Challenge III competition.
The inner EPS liner of any helmet is the first layer of defense and a very important component of the advanced ODS design of the ATR-2. It is effectively a helmet within a helmet. It has its own in-molded PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) shell that serves many functions. It nests into the ODS carrier, provides strength and integrity to the EPS, and serves as a slippery surface to aide in reducing angular acceleration forces. The EPS is of a softer density than the EPP and is secured into the helmet with 4 locking pins that mate to the ODS carrier. It is also captured by the Chin Bar EPP which provides additional security.
- Removable, washable comfort liner features Genuine Dri-Lex® anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency Quick-Release cheek pads
- PU-Over molded EPP lined chin bar includes 6D’s exclusive Sternum Pad
- Goggle band integrated shell recess at the eyeport area improves goggle fit and seal
- Shear-Away visor screws
- Nose Guard provides improved roost protection
- Titanium D-Rings
- Lighter overall weight +/- 1480 grams/ 3.26 lbs. (Size MD)
- Exceeds DOT, ECE, AC and ASTM Standards
Sizing your head for the proper motocross helmet size is important. Using a soft tape measure, wrap it around your head at the largest point starting about 1” (2.5cm) up from your eyebrows and around the largest part of the back of your head, and measure the number of your head circumference. Compare your size to the chart below.